5.27.2012

Drive Thru History America

Wallbuilders.com




It's Memorial Day weekend. What a time to reflect on the very great sacrifice of men and women who have selflessly given something of value to us - their time, their strength, their knowledge, their hope, and even their lives. I am blessed beyond measure to be a part of a country that has had only one revolution and has continued to live under the same constitution for almost 236 years. If that doesn't tell you that God has ordained this country (the USA) into existence, then you must keep reading and ultimately order this material.

Today, our church had a surprise guest, David Barton. I had never heard of him, but that is not indicative of his renown. With the "oohs" and "ahhhs" I heard all around me, I assumed he must be of some importance. Turns out, he is the founder of WallBuilders. Yep, even then, I was still not familiar. Vaguely maybe, but nothing solid.


I was blown away with David's knowledge. I could not even begin to report to you what he said. I wish I could because you could be blown away with me. He spoke of those amazing speeches our forefathers made and what sounded like they had employed a powerful speech writer was, in fact, mostly the Holy Scriptures. In a paragraph of 14 sentences, 11 would be Scripture.  This continued through speech after speech.  He introduced to us to the signers of our Constitution...the ones you never hear about, but were far more involved with our history than our government and schools would want you to know. The more I learned about these faceless men, the more I wanted to know more. I couldn't wait to get home and get on WallBuilders website, find their books, and make them my curriculum for American History.

I was so excited to see they have curriculum especially for homeschoolers. They also have countless books for families. Here is their reason for their existence in their words:

"WallBuilders is an organization dedicated to presenting America's forgotten history and heroes, with an emphasis on the moral, religious, and constitutional foundation on which America was built – a foundation which, in recent years, has been seriously attacked and undermined. In accord with what was so accurately stated by George Washington, we believe that "the propitious [favorable] smiles of heaven can never be expected on a nation which disregards the eternal rules of order and right which heaven itself has ordained."

I wanted to be sure to let you know about WallBuilders. When considering a curriculum for history, consider them. When  considering a book to read around the table to your family, consider them. Thank God for what they are doing. If you can, spread the word!

Curriculum: Drive Thru History America

Drive Thru History America - Individual Kit

2 comments:

  1. We heard David Barton at our church many years ago. I only wish that I'd taken our American History and heritage more seriously. I would have listened more attentively! Drive Thru History and Wall Builders are two of our family's favorite resources! Thanks for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI! I'm visiting from Circle of Moms =-) I think my favorite thing about the contest has been finding other homeschool families and getting to get a peak at their journey!!! I blog at Living Life Intentionally (currently #27 on the list) and would really like to get into the top 25!!! I would appreciate it so much if you would give me a vote!! Thanks for considering and Happy Homeschooling =-)

    This looks like a really cool resource!!
    Beth
    http://www.circleofmoms.com/top25/Top-25-Homeschooling-Moms-2012

    ReplyDelete

Wait! Don't leave just yet, I haven't heard from you :)I promise not to make you do a word verification.