5.07.2012

Science Unit Studies For Homeschoolers and Teachers



By Susan Kilbride

I have had the pleasure of reviewing Susan Kilbride's books in the past. Her "Our America...The Pilgrim Adventure" series is awesome and you can see that review here. Today, I get to review her Science Unit Studies book called Science Unit Studies for Homeschoolers and Teachers. This book is fantastic for any homeschool mom or teacher wanting science to come alive to their children and students.



With realistic experiments and affordable house hold items, you can prove scientific truths to your children and wow them with fun at the same time! From planets to simple machines, weather to dinosaurs, and from the human body to chemistry...it's all there PLUS more!

What struck me when I first opened this book was how it perfectly lined up with what we were doing in our science study. Susan covers all the topics your student will cover in science at some point.  Since we were doing physics in my home, I jumped to the physics section for my daughter's age group and whalaa! The science experiments were perfect to drive home what I was teaching. As I looked through the other experiments, I saw so much opportunity to use this book year after year. It definitely has the "wow" factor!

The book is sectioned in two for ages 4-7 and 8-13 giving your family a unit study for all. I highly recommend it. It will be easy for both the teacher and the student to follow.

You can buy this book and her others on Amazon.com. It sells for only $11.55! If you can, leave a thumbs up next to the book on Amazon to let others know you loved it and if you are feeling really kind, please consider writing a short review on amazon for her too! 

I hope you find this book a helpful tool like we have in ours. Thank you Susan for taking the time to comprise such a wonderful resource for educators!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wait! Don't leave just yet, I haven't heard from you :)I promise not to make you do a word verification.