4.09.2012

Our America....The Pilgrim Adventure (Volume 1) Review


By Susan Kilbride


      I love being able to do reviews. I really love doing reviews on products that make my children love learning. When I first informed my 10 year old that I had a new book for her to read for school, she let out a sigh combined with a look like, "Oh, great!...That means something I won't enjoy."

      Little did she know that an exciting journey awaited her. She began reading and within the first chapter informed me that she already loved the book! She was taken away into a world of adventure seeking to discover a mystery.

      You see, Ginny and Finn's parents had disappeared a year before. They learn in the first chapter that their Uncle had developed a time machine in order to keep the acts of history alive in everyone's hearts. Sadly, the twin children come to understand that their parents had stumbled upon this time machine and without realizing it, disappeared into an unknown time period and place. They could be anywhere, and they may never be found!

      Our America...The Pilgrim Adventure takes Ginny and Finn into the time period of the Pilgrims and the Mayflower. The situations that your child will read about are factual. Even one of the families in the book is directly related to the author, Susan Kilbride! She shares very insightful information into the days that became the life we live today. She has researched the history of this time period thoroughly in order to accurately teach the stories to our children in a fun, exciting way.

      What's more, it's a series! I love series because they keep you coming back for more...more reading, more learning, and more fun! My daughter can't wait for the next book to be available.

      Thank you, Susan Kilbride, for the fantastic opportunity to teach my children about their rich heritage and to keep them excited about learning more.

      Here is a great freebie to go with the book!  http://funtasticunitstudies.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/pilgrim-adventure-activities.pdf  It includes activities with projects and recipes.
 
       I am sure you are wondering where you can find this book? Go to Amazon to purchase for just $9.95.

      If you can, please let Susan know how much you enjoyed her book by leaving a thumbs up on the Amazon page with a review so others can know to include it in their child's reading lists.



3 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! I'm visiting from HHH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check that series out, my kids love reading and history! I found you on the homeschool hop. I did a book review this week too, about a series that my daughter loves. We always enjoy finding new authors. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by! I hope you will check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Wait! Don't leave just yet, I haven't heard from you :)I promise not to make you do a word verification.