12.30.2010

Our Tribal Plan

Our Tribal  Mission Statement

“We the W family, resolve to be Christ like, developing a standard of Godly living through family unity, service to others, and a pursuit of excellence.
Our home will be a safe haven in which to cultivate Godly virtues through parent guided education, preparing generations to respect and pattern Godly authority, fulfilling our God ordained roles as men and women.”

Our Tribal Vision Statement

“Stand tall.”

Some Ways Our Tribe Builds Family Identity

  • Family night once a week (usually on Fridays)
  • Daddy date night with the girls individually
  • Individual outings out with mom and dad
  • Family vacations
  • Reading together at night
  • Birthday dinners at their restaurant of choice
  • Daddy wrestles with them all of the time (I leave the room.)
  • We want to start camping with them as a family and individually
  • Girls and I have a saying and hand shake we do.  They love it!
  • Help out at Children’s Hospital together
  • Help out at our Chuch’s  Ministry Center to a neighborhood in poverty
  • Homeschooling
  • Big breakfast every Sunday/Saturday morning.
  • Slumber party under the Christmas tree every December
  • Throughout the Christmas season, we watch all kinds of Christmas movies together that we have saved just for that time. The kids love FINALLY being able to see those. 
  • We bake Christmas treats together as a family during the season.
  • Pray with our kids every night before bed
  • Hide notes to each other or place them in special places where we know they will find them. 
  • We each choose a name of a person in our family to pray for each week. Each child shares what they need prayer for and the other remembers them each week. 
  • We moved overseas and had to start over with some some traditions like Thanksgiving and Christmas since our family was back in the States. We found a cheap hotel, but nice, and go there every year during the holidays to take what was originally sad (being alone on Christmas and Thanksgiving) and turning it into a special stay at a beach. The holidays have become fun again!
See How to Build Team Spirit for more ideas.

Our Declaration of Interdependence
  • I will do my best to honor you with my loyalty, my time, and my resources.
  • I will courageously defend you and will endeavor to keep your best interests at all times, physically as well as spiritually.
  • I will work to keep our relationship strong through loving, respectful, and honest communication as long as we both shall live.

5 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! I am going to take the time to do something like this with my family this weekend. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Theresa,

    Let me know how it goes. I would love to start a sample page of other nmission statements etc... Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool. Thanks for sharing. I'm inspired.

    Stacie Smith
    Newer homeschooling mom
    www.smithscooptexas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you have inspired me. Thanks for sharing this. Will work on ours. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! I hope you will really enjoy the process of discovering your unique family purpose and vision that God has for you, and that you are blessed as you live it out and pass it down. :)

    ReplyDelete

Wait! Don't leave just yet, I haven't heard from you :)I promise not to make you do a word verification.