12.20.2012

A Homeschooling Mom's Prayer

If you are a homeschooling mom, you must know the feelings of inadequacy, impatience, a lack of gentleness many at times and sometimes, you might even venture to say that you experience suffering. Can you relate to that? I can.

My goal lately has been to change my devotional time. It used to be that I read my Bible and I prayed. Now I am motivated to combine these two practices into one thing...use the Word as my prayer time. Bring them into partnership with each other. My first challenge is to highlight all of God's promises, so that I can easily see them in my Bible while I am praying. Next to the highlighted area, I write words like "family", "Children", "Marriage", or "Healing". These key words let me know at a glance that this promise is for that area of my life.

So, as I am in this process of changing the way I do devotions, I picked up some booklets from a church I was at. It has prayers that have already been put together for different life issues and has the Word already written out. I got them to help me find and discover those verses in the Word, so I could highlight them. Basically, my project has made it easier to pray powerfully without only depending on what I had previously memorized. This challenge has made me hungry for the Word of God, hungry to memorize more, and hungry to dig deep into Scripture.

All that to say, that I found a prayer that is great for homeschooling moms! I encourage you to print it off and post it to your fridge or put it in your Bible. This is not meant to be a meaningless rote prayer that lacks power. Anytime you pray the Word of God, regardless of if you constructed the prayer or someone else, you have prayed truth and the power of God is there.

"I am thankful, Heavenly Father, for the expression of Your will for my daily life as You have shown me in Your word. I, therefore, claim all the will of God for today. I am thankful that You have blessed me with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. I am thankful that You have begotten me unto a living hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. I am thankful that You have have made a provision so that today I can live filled with the Spirit of God, with love, and joy and peace, with long suffering , gentleness and goodness, with meekness, faithfulness and self-control in my life. I recognize that this is Your will for me, and I therefore reject and resist all the endeavors of Satan and his wicked spirits to rob me of the will of God. I refuse this day to believe my feelings and I hold up the Shield of Faith against all the accusations and distortion and insinuations that Satan would put into my mind. I claim the fullness of the will of God for my life today." In Jesus' Name.

~Victor M. Mathews
(Verses taken from 1 Sam. 15:23, Eph. 1:3, Gal 5:22-23, 1 Peter 5:8-9, Eph. 6:16,  Rom. 12:1,2,
2 Cor. 10:4-5) 

Today, I found this prayer helpful and I wanted to share! We homeschooling moms can sometimes use the reminder of what God's perfect will is for us and how to stand against the devil's schemes to tear us down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wait! Don't leave just yet, I haven't heard from you :)I promise not to make you do a word verification.