1.01.2011

Savor the Moment

FAMILY!  My heart truly beats for a close knit, interdependent, serving family that is a light in this dark world. Nothing could give me warm fuzzies like the ones I get when it feels like everything is going just right in that department. I have been lately having lots of "close" moments with my kids where it feels like we are both savoring the moment a little longer than usual.

We have had some deep sadness in our "homeschooling family".  Through the tragic loss of a precious two year old, my family has had an awakening.  Watching our friends go through such a deep heart ache has been an eye opener for us.  It's sad that it takes knowing something so awful to jar you back into the harsh realities of life...how precious it is, how fleeting it is. The baby's daddy encouraged us at her funeral to hug our little ones and focus on them rather than the to do list, which by the way,  hangs over my head everyday, sometimes yelling louder than my kids. So many times I give into those  things instead of just sitting, listening and laughing at the silliness of my beautiful bush babies.  Instead I run around like a chicken with my head cut off, shushing my kids and pushing them aside to get the kitchen cleaned for the fourth time that day. How much time have I wasted?  I don't even want to know.  I have to remind myself that I live in God's grace and He can make up for lost time when I get distracted from the single most important part of my life outside of Him...my family, assuming I am trying to get back on track. And that my friends is exactly what I am trying to do right now.  However, it can be dangerous to think we have more time.  The father said this at his daughter's funeral, "At 4:00 I thought I had all the time in the world.  At 5:00, there was no more time." This statement hit me like a brick wall. Mommy's and Daddy's, if you can take one thing home from this blog today, it is this: Treasure your time, savor your moments, love on your family and have a plan for them. It is worth it to be purposeful today.

http://www.hopeinthegrief.blogspot.com/ 
Abigail


Please visit their site to see how they are coping and living faithfully!

3 comments:

  1. {found you from the Tucker's Hip Homeschool Hop}A important reminder! We never know how much time we have, and honestly no matter how much, it will never be enough - we need to grab all the moments we can.
    Blessings for you and prayers for this sweet family ~
    Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very touching & a message that so many need to hear. I have been hearing many stories similar to this lately & it just breaks ones heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we never know how much time we have left and we need to treasure every moment we have with our family. Thanks for sharing from your heart and joining in the Hip Homeschool Hop!!

    ReplyDelete

Wait! Don't leave just yet, I haven't heard from you :)I promise not to make you do a word verification.